Tuesday, March 8, 2011

be spontaneous.

"live nutty. just occasionally. just once in a while. and see what happens. it brightens up the day." -leo buscaglia


this is my first semester at byu and i've liked it so far. i haven't liked my test scores as much as i could but thats life. i often find myself saying, oh i'll do better on the next test. sometimes that can be true. most of the time it's not...this time it's definitely not. the reason i will not be doing better on my next test is the fact that i will be missing it entirely. i decided to be spontaneous and have planned to miss school for a whole week to go on a cruise with a few of my besties. i know, i know. this is my first semester at byu and i should be more responsible, take school more seriously and definitely not take a week off...right? i thought all of these things but i also thought that i only have three classes this semester so if i were to ever give myself a spring break it should be this year. i noticed that i had one test scheduled the week of the cruise. it happened to be an american heritage test. in the syllabus it said to call the ahtg office before the last day of the test. i was calling three weeks in advanced so i felt really responsible and good about the situation. the lady that i needed to talk to wasn't there so they got my name and number and said she'd call me back. she didn't call. the cruise went up in price so i had to book it before it became more expensive. sunday night i was on the phone for about thirty minutes booking this cruise. but it was worth it, and in the end it was booked and everything was great. the next morning i called the ahtg office again because the lady still hadn't called me back. in short the lady was a brat and told me that the only reason someone could make up the test was if they were in the hospital the day the test was offered. there was nothing about that in the syllabus. i had already booked the cruise. you bet i'm going to argue and talk to my ta and see what i can do. i hardly think that will work though. i get that it's such a huge class so no exceptions can be made, but they should be 100% more clear about the circumstances for which the test can be made up. i was under the impression i would be able to take the test early. otherwise i wouldn't have booked the cruise...


i'm pretty sure i'll still pass the class and that's all i care about. so here's to being spontaneous. so what if i miss a test? so what if i skip out on a week of classes? i'll live nutty, just this once, and we'll see what happens. i have a feeling that my day will be brighter and that this cruise with some of my best friends will be the source of my brighter day. 
thirteen days...

2 comments:

  1. hahah yes I love this so much! Can't wait
    12 DAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to know what mom had to say about all that :)

    ReplyDelete