Monday, May 9, 2011

be brave.

"most of our obstacles would melt away if instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them." -orison swett marden


for some reason i decided to sign up for a half marathon. those of you who know me know that i'm not a runner. i don't love it, i'm not good at it and i usually just don't do it. completing a half marathon has been on my mind though and it quickly made it on my list of things to do. i thought that after training for a few months it would be easy and i would be ready. turns out trying to train while working two jobs and going to school was a little harder than i thought. i had only run up to six miles and barely ran three miles, three times a week. i still wanted to do it and felt like if i didn't follow through with it i wouldn't be this close again for a long time. at 8:00 am on may 7, 2011 i began the run in downtown provo with my one of my best friends, her sister, and her brother in law. i felt ok for a while but then i felt like i was going to pass out and didn't feel like i could go on. (having my ipod die by mile 3 didn't help either...) but for whatever reason i was able to keep up with mich and whit and we all finished together- in 2 hours and 12 minutes! that was much faster than i thought and i'm proud of us. the feeling of finishing and having run basically all of it was a great feeling and i really did feel like i accomplished something big. it's been a few days and i'm still sore and i still have a stomach ache from all the chocolate milk i drank after. but it was worth it. half marathon, check. 


1 comment:

  1. You are my hero!!! Even in my dreams I don't think I would be so brave.

    ReplyDelete